We are currently looking to recruit a Workshop Technician to join our team.
Make your mark as a Workshop Technician at Gardline!
We are looking for a Workshop Technician to join our dynamic team on a full-time basis. This opportunity is ideally suited for trained engineers or individuals with a solid electronics background who can provide high-quality technical support for our in-field operations, as well as installation, maintenance and repair services for our extensive range of survey equipment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Timely preparation of equipment needed for projects, ensuring they are packed and ready to meet established mobilization deadlines.
- Compilation, completion, and storage of all necessary maintenance documentation, including packing lists, job cards, etc.
- Assistance across diverse tasks in different Bays or Areas as instructed.
- Maintenance of sufficient stock of spare parts and test equipment for seamless operations.
- Clear and effective reporting of any issues related to missing or faulty equipment relevant to Gardline.
- Ensuring all assigned areas, including tools, spare parts, and test equipment, are organized, clean, and clutter-free.
You can make your mark as an Workshop Technician if you have:
- Prior experience working with offshore geophysical equipment or have been involved in a workshop environment performing engineering and maintenance tasks.
- Familiarity with Acoustics, Geophysical or Geotechnical equipment, and the corresponding test equipment used.
- A well-founded electronics background, ideally as a trained engineer.
- Proficiency in computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Suites; experience with purchasing systems and planned maintenance systems would be an added advantage.
- For this role, it is essential to have driving abilities, needed for transportation of equipment to and from the suppliers. Given the nature of this role and hands-on requirements, the role is primarily workshop-based and remote work is not feasible.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement of 30 days, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to private healthcare through Bupa as well as cycle to work and eye test schemes!
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- A full drivers’ license would be advantageous
- Where you will work: Hewett Park, Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth
- Fulltime job: The position of Workshop Technician is a fulltime role, 37.5 hours per week
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. Working at Gardline is about exploration. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower our staff to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!