We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join our geotechnical team.
Gardline has an opportunity to join our growing commercial team within our busy geotechnical division.
As a commercial manager at Gardline you will be primarily responsible for reviewing business opportunities and developing them where appropriate to detailed proposals. You will enjoy the full support of the Gardline SME teams through this process and you will be responsible for presenting your presenting your proposal the management team prior to submission. For awarded projects you will perform a handover to our project management team and continue to support them through the project execution phase as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for offshore personnel with relevant skills to try a demanding shore-based role, for shore-based personnel looking for the next step and an opportunity to ‘try it in for size’, or for an external candidate looking for the next step in their career or an opportunity to join this busy and exciting sector during the global energy transition.
Your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reviewing tender opportunities and developing strategy-to-win for opportunities of interest, then executing the strategy-to-win.
- Leading tender responses in collaboration with other Gardline stakeholders, developing contract / commercial / technical risk register, bid price, performance outcomes and supporting tender documentation.
- Presenting well developed offers to management team for review and approval.
- Monitoring timely availability of requested clarifications, informing relevant (internal and external) stakeholders. Ensure submission of clarification documentation within agreed timeframes.
- Supporting the geotechnical department at a commercial, organizational, administrative and project level. Also support the department with relevant market, competitive and customer information for developing the Commercial and/or Business Development plan for the target market.
- Building effective client relationships by positive and relevant engagement and conducting formal presentations and disseminating / following up client feedback.
- Preparing and presenting contract handovers to the project management team.
- Supportive engagement with the PM team during the project execution phase, offering commercial guidance where required, ensuring all assumptions, clarifications and reservations are understood by the PM team and reflected in the project execution.
- Actively seeking lessons learned through the tendering and project phases and ensuring those are captured, disseminated, and reflected in updated procedures and templates where appropriate.
- Representing the Company / Business Unit at meetings, conferences, exhibitions as required and developing business opportunities through positive engagement with clients and other stakeholders. Developing and disseminating opportunity pipeline together with commercial / business development / project personnel.
You can make your mark as Commercial Manager if you have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (technical or business).
- Previous experience of working in relevant sales, technical, commercial or project management environment
- High level of numeracy
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite of packages, particularly MS Excel
- Contract negotiation experience
- Where you will work: Endeavour House, Admiralty Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 3NG or 1 Queen Victoria Street, Bristol, BS2 0QR.
- The position of Commercial Manager is a fulltime position,37.5 hours a week
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after the interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.