We are currently looking to recruit a Geophysicist (UK Based) to join our team.
Make your mark as a Geophysicist at Gardline!
We are looking for Geophysicists to undertake quality control, processing and interpretation of shallow geophysical data acquired onboard our fleet of multi-role survey vessels, and to also prepare associated reports and deliverables in the office environment.
Project types range from traditional O&G site survey work to large scale offshore renewable developments. These can include specific surveys aimed at potential UXO threats, or cable route aspects of large developments. As well as data acquired by our fleet of multi-role survey vessels, we also carry out interpretation and reporting of third-party datasets from elsewhere.
This role is UK based and provides the opportunity to work both onshore in our offices based in Great Yarmouth as well as offshore onboard our fleet of survey vessels. You will need to have the Right to Work in the UK.
Your responsibilities include:
- Quality control and provisional interpretation of the shallow geophysical data
- Ensure suitability of acquisition methods used on offshore projects
- Liaison with sub-contractors, clients and other crew members to ensure the aims of the project are met
- Undertake processing and interpretation of shallow geophysical data
- Integrate data from a variety of sources including environmental, geotechnical, shallow geophysical and multichannel seismic
- Compile technical geohazard interpretation reports as well as Client deliverables
- Provide onshore support for vessel operations
You can make your mark as a Geophysicist if you have:
- Enthusiasm, ingenuity, and personal drive
- Qualifications to degree level or above in an earth science related subject
- Awareness of geohazard assessments
- Excellent communications skills
- General understanding of the marine survey industry
- Team spirit and collaborative work ethic
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement 22 days, increasing incrementally in line with length of service, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes! *
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* Where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- A full drivers’ license would be advantageous
- Where you will work: Prospect House, Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth. You will also spend up to 120 days offshore onboard our multi-role survey vessels, anywhere in the world where Gardline vessels operate.
- Fulltime job: The position of Geophysicist is a fulltime role, 37.5 hours per week
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!