We are currently looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer (Offshore) to join our team.
Make your mark as a Geotechnical Engineer at Gardline!
As a Geotechnical Engineer you will carry out offshore geotechnical activities in line with Industry accepted standards and Gardline principles. This includes high quality data and sample collection, management and interpretation of results and to collate the findings in a comprehensive geotechnical filed report.
- Supervise and be responsible for a team of geotechnical staff on offshore projects.
- To carry out offshore geotechnical activities in line with Industry accepted standards and Gardline principles.
- Follow instruction from offshore party chief/OPM.
- Acquire and process high quality geotechnical data.
- Undertake basic offshore laboratory testing and soil and rock logging.
- Perform computerized data processing and prepare results in accordance with industry standards and in-house practices.
- Compile geotechnical reports in the field.
You can make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer if you have:
- A minimum BSc or equivalent degree with a specialisation in the Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering.
- An MSc in a related subject. (Desirable but not essential)
- Experienced in offshore geotechnical data acquisition.
- Quality control and processing of CPT data and seabed samples.
- Interpretation of CPT data.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory testing.
- Able to travel
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual holiday entitlement of 22 days (based on a full-time contract) which increases over time, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to private healthcare through Bupa as well as cycle to work and eye test schemes!
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of the Boskalis Group also provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of function is a fulltime (37.5 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!