We are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician (UK Based) to join our team.
Make your mark as a Laboratory Technician at Gardline!
We’re looking for an additional Laboratory Technician to join our busy team here in Great Yarmouth.
This is an important role in the management and testing of soil samples offering you the opportunity to build your knowledge and experience in a laboratory environment as well as offshore.
Your responsibilities include:
- Take receipt of samples, check against proforma and book into Laboratory system.
- Carry out sub sampling in accordance with test schedule and logging in accordancwith relevant standards.
- Work away at Sea on our drill vessels taking seabed samples, photographing, preserving and labelling them for later onshore testing, and conducting basic classification, chemical, and shear strength testing
- Become competent in basic lab testing (i.e. Moisture content, PSD sedimentation, Plasticity Index, Particle Density)
- Understand the importance of sample handling and storage in accordance with ASTM and ISO standards.
You can make your mark as a Laboratory Technician if you have:
- An A level standard in Chemistry or Geology or related subject (Desirable)
- Ability to become familiar with testing procedures and standards
- Experience working in a laboratory environment (Desirable)
- A good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to travel (up-to-date Passport and valid Driving License)
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement 22 days, increasing incrementally in line with length of service, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes! *
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* Where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- A full drivers’ license would be advantageous.
- Where you will work: Mariner House, Admiralty Road, Great Yarmouth. You will also spend up to 120 days offshore onboard our multi-role survey vessels, anywhere in the world where Gardline vessels operate.
- Full-time job: The position of Job Title is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Laboratory Technician. Please contact the Recruitment Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!