We are currently looking to recruit a Positioning Support Surveyor to join our team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Positioning Support Surveyor to join the Positioning Department based in Great Yarmouth.
This role is to provide technical support to the survey field crews working on the company’s fleet of offshore survey vessels, and to assist in the installation and maintenance of survey equipment.
The field crews comprise a range of disciplines and this role will primarily focus on the equipment associated with the surveyor’s role in the navigation and positioning of the vessel.
Systems include GNSS, acoustic and laser positioning systems, equipment used in heading and attitude determination, vessel echosounders (both singlebeam and multibeam), doppler profilers and sound velocity sensors. In addition, the department also supports a range of communication systems and CCTV equipment.
The preferred candidate would be a qualified hydrographic surveyor or an engineer/technician with field experience of operating survey and positioning equipment. Knowledge of data communications and systems integration would be preferable. The role is office based, but will involve periods away from base to conduct vessel mobilisations and other support functions.
Your responsibilities include:
- Preparation, testing and packing of equipment prior to despatch to vessels.
- Installation of equipment on vessels, and integration with other systems.
- Documentation of system installations and preparation of visit reports.
- Provide remote support to vessels with technical issues, potentially out-of-hours and at weekends.
- Testing and repair of equipment.
- Control of asset movement and preparation of shipping documents.
- Liaison with manufacturers and suppliers for equipment service, calibration, and repair.
- Review of project requirements to ensure vessel equipment meets project specifications.
- Review industry news, publications and social media for new developments and technologies.
You can make your mark as a Positioning Support Surveyor if you have:
- Three years offshore experience as a senior surveyor / navigator / hydrographer.
- Degree or equivalent in Hydrographic Surveying or related discipline.
- Excellent technical knowledge in at least 2 of the following areas:
GNSS systems, Acoustic Positioning Systems, Attitude and Heading Reference systems, Marine Electronics.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement of 30 days, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- A full drivers’ license would be advantageous
- Where you will work: Hewett Park, Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth
- Fulltime job: The position of Positioning Support Surveyor is a fulltime role, 37.5 hours per week
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!