Titan Environmental Surveys are currently looking to recruit a Senior Hydrographic Geophysical Surveyor to join the team.
Titan own and operate four specialist inshore survey vessels to support marine survey operations.
Titan are looking to expand our survey team to join our rotational field teams.
As a Senior Surveyor you will be responsible for the mobilisation and calibration of survey equipment, acquisition, data processing and QA/QC of data. As a senior your role will involve client liaison, Party Chief activities, survey execution and mentoring for less experienced surveyors. You will develop your leadership abilities to maximise the efficiency of the vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
- Mobilisation and demobilisation of survey equipment, including calibrations and verifications.
- Equipment interfacing and tune-up for all equipment onboard.
- Multi-role online surveyor, collecting data including MBES, SSS, Magnetometer, SBP.
- Survey equipment maintenance.
- Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time.
- Be part of the Company field rota, currently 3 weeks on-call, 3 weeks office based. Undertaking 80-120 field days a year.
- Office and field office data processing and reporting.
- Liaising with clients and understanding their technical specifications for projects.
- Supporting Principal Surveyors and Project Managers in delivering jobs to client specifications, end to end.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with company IMS systems.
- Mentoring and training of less experienced surveyors.
- Potential for skippering opportunities or development.
Desirable Skills Experience:
- Relevant degree with a minimum 4 years of industry experience in a similar role.
- Good experience in Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys in a leading role.
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages QINSy, PDS2000, POSPac MMS, Trimble Business Centre, Caris HIPS and SIPS, Geosoft Oasis Montaj, AutoCAD and QGIS.
- Previous knowledge of Multibeam data processing, GNSS data processing, Geophysical data processing, UXO data processing along with tidal theory, acoustic theory and geodesy.
- Geophysical survey background would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word/Excel)
- Current holder of or working towards commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Powerboat Advanced or above.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem solving initiative and flexibility.
- Fluent in English language both oral and written.
- Full Clean Driving License.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: A company pension scheme and life assurance and access to private healthcare through Bupa*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible.
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- You must live or be willing to relocate to a commutable distance of the Titan Surveys office in Bridgend, South Wales
Titan Environmental Surveys Ltd is a multi-disciplinary marine and environmental surveying company. We have 30 years of experience in Hydrographic, Oceanographic and Environmental surveys within the nearshore and coastal region. We offer a highly experienced team of surveyors and scientists combined with the latest technology and software in the industry.
Titan was established in 2001 following a management buyout of Hyder Consulting’s (HCL’s) environmental survey division. The company was formed with the explicit aim of offering a high quality service for all environmental surveys both within the UK and worldwide. In 2005 Titan Environmental Surveys advantaged by becoming part of Gardline Ltd, which allowed the companies movements to expand across the globe. Titan now has an excellent reputation across the UK and around the World.
Please feel free to also apply by sending a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.