As a Senior Surveyor you will be responsible for the mobilisation and calibration of survey equipment, acquisition, data processing and QA/QC of data. As a senior your role will involve client liaison, Party Chief activities, survey execution and mentoring for less experienced surveyors. You will develop your leadership abilities to maximise the efficiency of the vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
• Mobilisation and demobilisation of survey equipment, including calibrations and verification
• Equipment interfacing and tune-up for all equipment onboard.
• Multi-role online surveyor, collecting data including MBES, SSS, Magnetometer, SBP.
• Survey equipment maintenance.
• Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time
• Be part of the Company field rota, currently 3 weeks on-call, 3 weeks office based. Undertaking 80-120 field days a year.
• Office and field office data processing and reporting.
• Liaising with clients and understanding their technical specifications for projects
• Supporting Principal Surveyors and Project Managers in delivering jobs to client specifications, end to end.
• Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with company IMS systems
• Mentoring and training of less experienced surveyors.
• Potential for skippering opportunities or development.
• Relevant degree with a minimum 4 years of industry experience in a similar role.
• Good experience in Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys in a leading role
• Knowledge of industry standard software packages QINSy, PDS2000, POSPac MMS, Trimble Business Centre, Caris HIPS and SIPS, Geosoft Oasis Montaj, AutoCAD and QGIS
• Previous knowledge of Multibeam data processing, GNSS data processing, Geophysical data processing, UXO data processing along with tidal theory, acoustic theory and geodesy.
• Geophysical survey background would be an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word/Excel)
• Current holder of or working towards commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Powerboat Advanced or above
• Good teamwork and communication skills
• Problem solving initiative and flexibility.