As a Titan vessel Skipper, you will be responsible for the safe running, up-keep, navigation and operation of our specialist survey vessels. As a Skipper your role will involve daily vessel checks, giving vessel briefings, completing vessel paperwork, overseeing the safe deployment and recovery of survey equipment and high precision survey line driving. You will demonstrate strong leadership skills which you will use to maximise the efficiency of your vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
• Skippering specialist survey catamarans.
• Regular vessel maintenance.
• Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time, with occasional night-time surveys as required.
• Work on a 3 week on, 3 weeks off rotation, based on an initial 6 months with options to extend.
• Vessel paperwork and reporting, including leading 2 weekly full vessel checks.
• Participating in external vessel audits.
• Organising external contractors and certification for vessel safety equipment.
• Liaising with Project Managers to ensure specifications and timelines for projects are met, drills are undertaken, and vessel defects are closed out.
• Work in close partnership with Party Chiefs to maximise daily vessel efficiency and safety.
• Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the high company QHSE standards.
• Training and supporting Titan surveyors in crewing and regular vessel maintenance duties.
• Guiding and helping to develop less experienced Skippers within the company.
• Current holder of commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore or above.
• Current holder of ancillary courses such as STCW 95 and ENG1.
• General Operators Certificate (GoC) or Restricted Operators Certificate (RoC) radio certificates desirable.
• MCA Approved Engine Maintenance course desirable.
• Minimum 4 years of industry experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of industry standard working practises, such as Toolbox talks and Safety briefings.
• Previous survey line driving experience a distinct advantage.
• Excellent close quarter boat handling skills, especially in shallow confined waters.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
• Problem solving initiative and flexibility. • Fluent in English language both oral and written. • Full Clean Driving License.