This Privacy Statement relates to the processing of personal data by Gardline (also referred to as ‘us’ or ‘we’) in the context of performing recruitment and selection activities.
Collection and use of personal data
Gardline collects your personal data if you choose to make it available to us because you:
- apply for a position or permit an agency to share it with us on your behalf;
- register for a recruitment and selection event;
- choose to automatically be kept informed of vacancies, events, newsletters or other publications.
Purposes of information processing
Gardline collects personal data for the following recruitment and selection purposes:
- Processing applications
- Registration for events
- Sending job and / or event alerts, newsletters or other publications
What information do we collect?
We collect the information provide to us, or that an agency provides on your behalf. This may include the following personal data:
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Driving license or not
- Other information as stated in your CV or in your covering letter.
Use of collected data
The collected personal data will only be used by Gardline to enable a responsible, effective and efficient recruitment selection process. The purpose of collecting the personal data is to help you as an applicant to get in touch with current and potential vacancy holders within Gardline, so that you can be linked to one or more vacancies.
Your personal data will not be used for purposes other than the purposes for which you initially provided this information to us, unless you have given specific permission for this, or if this is necessary for Gardline to comply with legal obligations.
Use by third parties
Gardline does not share personal data with third parties, unless this is necessary. In some cases Gardline may share personal data about you with external companies or service providers working on Gardline's behalf.
In the following cases, Gardline shares personal data with third parties:
- To facilitate the sending of content for marketing purposes by e-mail
- For registration around events organized by Gardline
- To conduct an assessment, background check or have a medical examination.
In all cases, an appropriate processing agreement has been concluded with the relevant third parties, in which, among other things, the correct and safe processing of the data is guaranteed, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Gardline retains your personal data during the recruitment and selection process. We do this up to 30 days after completing the application procedure. After completing the application procedure, we may ask you if we can keep your details for a longer period of time, so that we can inform you of future vacancies. If you approve, your data will be kept for a maximum of 1 year. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
Legal bases for the processing of your personal data
The privacy legislation, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation ("UK GDPR”) allows us to process personal data if this is done on the basis of one of the principles included in the UK GDPR. If we process your personal data, this processing is based on one of the following bases:
- Your personal data can be processed if this is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
- The processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as keeping files for tax purposes or providing information to a public institution or enforcer.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of a legitimate interest of Gardline. This processing is permitted as long as your interests do not outweigh your interests. There is a legitimate interest, for example, in processing for the following purposes: 1) marketing; and 2) acquiring orders (sales) in the case of existing customers with whom we have a commercial relationship; 3) managing existing customers and relations (relationship management & account management); 4) optimizing and / or personalizing content and 5) conducting and optimizing effective business operations.
You have given specific and explicit permission to process your personal data for a specific purpose. In this case, you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Special category personal data is only collected when you provide it voluntarily or when this is necessary or permitted by law and regulations. Special category personal data are, for example, data about a person's ethnicity, political opinion, religion, philosophy of life, or health. We request that you only provide special personal data to Gardline if you consent to the processing thereof by Gardline. If you have any questions about the provision of special category personal data to Gardline, please first contact Gardline firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
If you have made personal data available to Gardline, you have the right to view this personal data and to correct any inaccuracies. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Gardline and you also have the right to delete the personal data concerning you. Finally, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data by Gardline or to have your data transferred from Gardline in a computer / machine-readable file (data portability).
Security and integrity of data
Gardline has security policies and procedures to protect personal data against unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Gardline employees who have access to personal data only have access to this personal data if necessary for the performance of their duties.
If you have any request regarding the processing of your personal data or would like to object to it, please send your comment or objection by e-mail to: email@example.com. You can also use this email address to share any concerns you have regarding compliance with this statement. You always have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.