We are currently looking to recruit a Logistics Assistant to join our team.
Make your mark as a Logistics Assistant at Gardline!
As a Logistics Assistant you will work as part of the dedicated Logistics Team to ensure the smooth and effective coordination of all activities connected to the Logistics Function with involvement in the following fields: material handling, packaging, warehousing, and distribution until the delivery to final customer.
Your responsibilities include:
- Check incoming components, equipment, and supplies against packing slips; assigns equipment to the proper location; issues materials to end user.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of incoming and outgoing materials, Organises and coordinates operations of physical flow of goods (receipt, Storage, order preparation, packing and loading).
- Provide Internal logistics Support activities
- Loading and unloading of delivery lorries and vans using forklifts
- Assist with yard duties, including equipment movements and general Housekeeping
- Assist workshop supervisor/team where required
You can make your mark as a Logistics Assistant if you have:
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of using the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ideally some previous experience working in a similar environment.
- Flexible and adaptable; to work in a changing environment and be open to new ideas
- Communicates; in a clear, open and honest way and encourages constructive feedback
- Hold a full UK Driving License and Forklift Truck License (additional training will be given)
- Previous experience in Manual Handling (training will be given)
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement 22 days, increasing incrementally in line with length of service, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* Where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- A full drivers’ license is required.
- Where you will work: Hewett Park Site, Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth.
- Fulltime job: The position of a Logistics Assistant is a fulltime role, 37.5 hours per week.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!