Titan Environmental Surveys are currently looking to recruit a Hydrographic Surveyor to join the team.
As a Surveyor you will be responsible for the day to day tuning, deployment and care of survey equipment, data acquisition, data processing and QA/QC. As a surveyor your role will involve working closely with the vessel skipper and Party Chief to ensure project deliverables are met. You will develop your team working abilities to maximise the efficiency of the vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
- Equipment interfacing and tune-up for equipment onboard.
- Multi-role online surveyor, collecting data including MBES, SSS, Magnetometer, SBP.
- Survey equipment maintenance.
- Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time.
- Be part of the Company field rota, currently 3 weeks on-call, 3 weeks office based. Undertaking 80-120 field days a year.
- Office and field office data processing and reporting.
- Learning the different technical specifications between projects and their impacts on data collection.
- Supporting Party Chiefs and Vessel Skippers in delivering jobs within expected timelines and specifications, end to end.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with the company IMS system.
- Vessel crewing duties with the potential for skippering opportunities or development.
Desirable Skills Experience:
- Relevant degree with 1-3 years of industry experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys.
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages QINSy, PDS2000, POSPac MMS, Trimble Business Centre, Caris HIPS and SIPS, Geosoft Oasis Montaj, AutoCAD and QGIS.
- Previous knowledge of Multibeam data processing, GNSS data processing, Geophysical data processing, UXO data processing along with tidal theory, acoustic theory and geodesy.
- Geophysical survey background would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word/Excel)
- Current holder of or working towards commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Powerboat Advanced or above.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem solving initiative and flexibility.
- Fluent in English language both oral and written.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a Full Clean Driving License
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: A company pension scheme and life assurance and access to private healthcare through Bupa*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible.
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- You must live or be willing to relocate to a commutable distance of the Titan Surveys office in Bridgend, South Wales
Titan Environmental Surveys Ltd is a multi-disciplinary marine and environmental surveying company. We have 30 years of experience in Hydrographic, Oceanographic and Environmental surveys within the nearshore and coastal region. We offer a highly experienced team of surveyors and scientists combined with the latest technology and software in the industry.
Titan was established in 2001 following a management buyout of Hyder Consulting’s (HCL’s) environmental survey division. The company was formed with the explicit aim of offering a high quality service for all environmental surveys both within the UK and worldwide. In 2005 Titan Environmental Surveys advantaged by becoming part of Gardline Ltd, which allowed the companies movements to expand across the globe. Titan now has an excellent reputation across the UK and around the World.
Please feel free to also apply by sending a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.