We are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician (with offshore working) to join our team.
Make your mark as Laboratory Technician at Gardline!
We’re looking for an additional Laboratory Technician to join our busy team here in Great Yarmouth.
This is an important role in the management and testing of soil samples offering you the opportunity to build your knowledge and experience in a laboratory environment as well as offshore.
- Take receipt of samples, check against proforma and book into Laboratory system.
- Carry out sub sampling in accordance with test schedule and logging in accordance with relevant standards.
- Work away at Sea on our drill vessels taking seabed samples, photographing, preserving and labelling them for later onshore testing, and conducting basic classification, chemical, and shear strength testing
- Become competent in basic lab testing (i.e. Moisture content, PSD sedimentation, Plasticity Index, Particle Density)
- Understand the importance of sample handling and storage in accordance with ASTM and ISO standards.
You can make your mark as Lab Technician if you have:
- An A level standard in Chemistry or Geology or related subject (Desirable)
- Ability to become familiar with testing procedures and standards
- Experience working in a laboratory environment (Desirable)
- A good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to travel (up-to-date Passport and valid Driving License)
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an explorative company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual holiday entitlement of 22 days (based on a full-time contract) which increases over time, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!*
- Career development: We challenge you every day to realise your full potential. Together we develop you personally and in your professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy and being part of the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- Your team: You will be reporting to the Laboratory Manager, as well as working alongside other Technicians and Engineers.
- Where you will work: Our Laboratory here in Great Yarmouth and also offshore on our vessels.
- Full time: The position of Laboratory Technician is a fulltime (normally 37.5 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!