We are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Geotechnical Project Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for a Graduate Geotechnical Project Engineer to join our Geoconsultancy Reporting team. The role will be part of our geotechnical drilling division, conducting geotechnical data processing, report writing, interpretation and testing onshore, with input on engineering consultancy reports (geotechnical parameters for engineering design, bearing capacity calculations, ground modelling etc.) for the right candidate. There will also be the occasional requirement to work offshore in the same capacity.
This role is office based in Great Yarmouth and applicants must possess a UK passport or valid right to work in the UK documentation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the processing of geotechnical data, interpretation and testing activities
- Assisting with production of high-quality field and factual reports, with input on engineering reports
- Quality control of live data from the field
- Assisting with Communications with end clients about data and laboratory testing
- Assist in tendering activities with input on ground conditions via a desk study.
You can make your mark as a Geotechnical Project Engineer if you have:
- Dedication, ingenuity and personal drive
- Qualifications to degree level or above in geotechnical engineering / engineering geology / geology or associated subject matter
- Previous experience working in a similar role or relevant transferrable skills
- Experience with geotechnical equipment and data interpretation is desirable
- Team spirit, effective communication skills and a collaborative work ethic
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an explorative company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement 22 days, increasing incrementally in line with length of service, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!*
- Career development: We challenge you every day to realise your full potential. Together we develop you personally and in your professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy and being part of the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- A full drivers’ license would be advantageous
- Where you will work: Endeavour House, Admiralty Road, Great Yarmouth
- Fulltime job: The position of Geotechnical Project Engineer is a fulltime role, 37.5 hours per week whilst office based and on 12-hour shift rotations whilst onboard, offshore
- Offshore allocation: up to 60 days on offshore per year
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!