We are currently looking to recruit a Geophysical Engineer in Charge to join our team.
Make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer in Charge!
As a Geophysical Engineer in Charge your role is to be the lead Engineer to support operations for the Geophysical Engineering Department to deliver the project objectives. In this role you will provide advanced technical support, development, troubleshooting and maintenance of survey equipment and infrastructure. You will assist in the development of the survey team surrounding you through mentoring and coaching. This role requires you to conduct operations for the Geophysical Engineering Department, on board the company vessels, during dry dockings, or at Company HQ.
Your responsibilities as a Geophysical Engineer In Charge:
- To lead and co-ordinate the Engineering team. This is typically 5 to 6 people but maybe more or include multiple vessels on project.
- To ensure that the Engineering work is performed to the highest standards in accordance with the company’s Quality Assurance and HSE procedures.
- To ensure that all Geophysical Engineering equipment is tested, calibrated, sufficient spares stocked, manuals are available.
- To ensure that the Geophysical data is acquired in compliance with good survey practice and logs are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Under the direction of the Crewing Manager or Offshore Project Manager (OPM)/Party Chief (PC) develop and operate appropriate engineering and administrative processes to effectively support the work of the Geophysical Department.
- To be expert in the use, maintenance, deployment, and mobilisation of all Gardline Geophysical equipment.
- Monitor and quality control data records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend all toolbox meetings unless otherwise directed.
- Attain and maintain an expert level of competency with various Geophysical pieces of survey equipment.
- Accountable for all work and decisions made regarding the operation of survey equipment.
You can make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer In Charge if you have:
- BSc/BEng in relevant discipline such as Electronics, Surveying or Engineering (Desirable).
- Industry recognised/Internal training would be considered (E.g., IMCA or HM Forces).
- Project Management qualifications (Desirable).
- Minimum level 3 or higher (Essential) qualifications in technical subjects (e.g. Maths, Electronics, Physics ) (https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels).
- Expert levels of experience working as a Geophysical Engineer or related discipline.
- Technical Support roles strongly desired.
- Time served in a relevant engineering function would be considered.
- Ability to pass ENG1 and STCW95 must be maintained or recognised equivalent.
- Driving License highly desirable.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: A salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to private healthcare through Bupa as well as cycle to work and eye test schemes!
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of the Boskalis Group also provides access to a vast range of opportunities across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- This is a full-time offshore position consisting of 12-hour shifts whilst offshore for 4-12 weeks.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after the interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!