We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Geophysical Engineer to join our team.
Make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer at Gardline!
We are looking for a Geophysical Engineer to support high profile Geophysical and Seismic projects for our energy sector clients.
The Geophysical Engineer is responsible for leading the safe operation and acquisition of geophysical survey equipment and data.
This is a seagoing role, with an expectation of completing circa 200 days offshore per calendar year. Whilst we provide ongoing training and development, previous experience in a similar environment would be advantageous. The start date for this role is to be confirmed. Comprehensive induction training programme will take place in our Great Yarmouth offices.
*This is a fulltime role permanent role, however a fixed term contract for the right candidate is available*
Your responsibilities include:
- To lead and co-ordinate the Geophysical and Seismic engineering team.
- To ensure that the engineering work is performed at the highest standards in accordance with the company’s Quality Assurance and HSE procedures.
- To ensure that all Geophysical and Seismic Engineering equipment is tested, calibrated, sufficient spares stocked, manuals are available.
- To ensure that the Geophysical and Seismic data is acquired in compliance with good survey practice and logs are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Under the direction of the onshore technical support team or offshore project manager develop and operate appropriate engineering and administrative processes in order to effectively support the work of the Geophysical Department.
- To be proficient in the use, maintenance, deployment and mobilisation of all Gardline Geophysical and Seismic equipment.
- Monitor and quality control data records in an accurate and timely manner.
You can make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior / shift lead Offshore Geophysical Engineer role.
- Proven track record to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Qualifications in an engineering, electronics or mechanical field.
- Broad knowledge of Geophysical and Seismic operations.
- Ability to work on own initiative in high pressure situations.
- Team spirit and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Dedicated work ethic.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, including technical.
- High level IT skills e.g Microsoft Office.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement of 30 days, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- Where you will work: Onboard our multi-role survey vessels, anywhere in the world where Gardline vessels operate.
- Full time job: The position of Senior / Shift lead offshore Geophysical Engineer is a full time role, based on 12 hour shift rotation whilst onboard.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!