We are currently looking to recruit a Geophysical Engineer to join our team.
Make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer at Gardline!
We are looking for a Geophysical Engineer to support the hydrographic and geophysical survey teams. The Geophysical Engineer is responsible for the safe operation and data acquisition of geophysical survey equipment. The team is led at sea by an appointed Engineer in Charge on a designed shift pattern and supported by technical advisors in the office.
This is a seagoing role, with an expectation of completing circa 200 days offshore per calendar year. Whilst we provide ongoing training and development, previous experience in a similar environment would be advantageous. The target start date for this position is 19 July 2023 which will commence with a comprehensive induction training programme which will take place in our Great Yarmouth offices.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deploying, recovering, maintaining, repairing and replacing equipment and parts to a high standard
- Operate powered electric/hydraulic winches and cranes
- Coordinate deployments of towed equipment
- Maintain deployment systems, winches, hydraulic booms.
- Carryout installations, updates and configuration of both equipment specific software and hardware
You can make your mark as a Geophysical Engineer if you have:
- Adaptable, positive and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Qualifications in an engineering, electronics or mechanical field
- Strong electronics experience
- Team spirit and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Dedicated work ethic
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement of 30 days, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- We are able to offer some entry-level and trainee roles to candidates who have not worked in this role previously, but individuals must have relevant transferrable skills or have graduated in an engineering, physics or relevant scientific field
- Where you will work: Onboard our multi-role survey vessels, anywhere in the world where Gardline vessels operate.
- Full time job: The position of Geophysical Engineer is a full time role, based on 12 hour shift rotation whilst onboard with a target start date of June 19th 2023
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!