We are currently looking to recruit a Soils Laboratory Technician (UK BASED) to join our team.
Make your mark as a Soils Laboratory Technician at Gardline!
As a Soils Laboratory technician you will be running tests in our dedicated and recently expanded advanced testing laboratory.
Your responsibilities include:
- Processing and QC of advanced laboratory testing
- To run advanced laboratory testing such as effective stress triaxials, direct simple shear, CRS, and interface ring shear
- To provide training for both testing and calibration
- Assist in processing Laboratory test results for relevant tests - Consolidation testing, effective stress tests, DSS, Cyclic Testing, Resonant Column.
- Execute geotechnical laboratory testing programs
You can make your mark as a Soils Laboratory Technician if you have:
- Ability to become familiar with testing procedures and standards
- An A Level or higher in Geology or a science related subject
- Experience running advanced tests in a geotechnical laboratory such as:
Essential: Consolidation testing ( Incremental oedometer and constant rate of strain ), direct shearbox and unconsolidated undrained triaxial.
Desirable: Effective stress triaxial, direct simple shear and ring shear
- Ability to work closely with others in a fast paced environment
- IT literate, with a high level of competence with the Microsoft Office suite
- Communicates; in a clear, open and honest way and encourages constructive feedback
- Attention to detail, self motivated, and can show initiative
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement 22 days, increasing in line with length of service, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes *
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* Where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- A full drivers’ license would be advantageous.
- Where you will work: Endeavour House, Admiralty Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 3NG
- Fulltime job: The position of Soils Laboratory Technician is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!