We are currently looking to recruit a Source Mechanic to join our team.
Provide a proactive and comprehensive technical service to effectively support the needs of the Geophysical Engineering Department, both on board the vessels and at Company HQ.
We are looking for an individual who is proactive, diligent and has a hands-on approach. Your experience should comprise:
- An engineering apprenticeship or a higher certificate in mechanical engineering discipline, OR time served (3 years) in a relevant similar Engineering role.
- Developed a working knowledge in the engineering disciplines: Electronic, Hydraulic, and Mechanical.
- Gained experience in working with offshore geophysical equipment, or have previously operated in a mechanical engineering environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suites; experience with inventory management systems would be an added advantage.
- ENG1 or STCW
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the maintenance, repair, and management of the seismic source equipment which includes sleeve gun arrays, TI mini air guns, mini G-Sources, bolt gun arrays with various configurations, and other similar equipment.
- Regular mechanical maintenance of winches, HP air supply, gun frames, electrical connections, and compressor maintenance and repair.
- Timely preparation of equipment needed for projects, guaranteeing they are ready to meet established mobilization deadlines.
- Account for seismic equipment and consumable inventory.
- Assistance across diverse tasks as instructed, to effectively support the needs of the Geophysical Engineering Department.
- Maintain sufficient stock of necessary spare parts and test equipment for seamless operations.
- Compile, complete, and store all necessary maintenance documentation, including job cards, etc.
- Report on any issues related to missing or faulty equipment relevant to Gardline.
- Ensure the organization and cleanliness of your workspace, including tools, spare parts, and test equipment.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual holiday entitlement of 22 days (based on a full-time contract) which increases over time, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to private healthcare through Bupa as well as cycle to work and eye test schemes!
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of the Boskalis Group also provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- Fulltime/ part-time job: This position is a full time offshore position with 12 hour shifts.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!