We are currently looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team.
How you can make your mark as a Geotechnical Engineer:
Carry out technical report writing within the field of geotechnics and geophysics, predominantly in the office with a requirement to work offshore for up to 60 days per year.
- Compile factual geotechnical reports in the field and office workplace.
- Soil description and basic testing in the onshore laboratory.
- Perform computerized data processing and prepare results in accordance with industry standards and in-house practices.
- An understanding of GIS.
- Assist other disciplines in the field of geology.
- Acquire and process high quality data offshore, following instruction from offshore team and party chief.
- Undertake basic offshore laboratory testing and soil and rock logging.
- MSc would be beneficial but not essential.
- A minimum BSc or equivalent degree with a specialisation in Geology.
- Work experience in the industry would be beneficial (not essential).
- Competent ICT user including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- A good understanding of the English language and grammar
- Able to travel
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual holiday entitlement of 22 days (based on a full-time contract) which increases over time, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to private healthcare through Bupa as well as cycle to work and eye test schemes!
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of the Boskalis Group also provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- Where you will work: Hewett Road, Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth NR31 0NN
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of function is a fulltime (37.5 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
Working at Gardline is about exploration. For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower you to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!